In return for the best services they provide, furnaces just demand a little attention from us. But how to know if the service needed is an emergency or can be postponed (not recommended). We’ve prepared a checklist to answer this question.
Warning Signs That Shows Your Furnace Is In Trouble
Our friendly furnaces give us warning signals that they need our attention such as-
- Loud Noise– If your comfort-providing devices start making the environment uncomfortable by some loud noise, don’t overlook it. Although it may be a minor problem, the chances of it being severe are no less. If ignored at an earlier stage, these noises may burn a hole in your pocket.
- Unpleasant Odor– Heating systems are tasked to make our indoor environment pleasant, but if it does the exact opposite by emitting odor, it needs to be looked at. If it’s just clogged dirt in the system, a cleaning might do the job. However, if it’s still giving off a bad smell, it may be a sign of a gas leak that can be hazardous. Give an immediate call to your HVAC repair in Duluth, GA.
- Disrupted cycle– If your system gets on and off too frequently, it might be a malfunction of the parts that may cost you your whole furnace if ignored for a longer time.
- Flickering light– We depend on our heating systems and they depend on electricity. But if switching them on puts pressure on your electric system causing a flickering in the light, it can be very dangerous for your device and also for your family. In such a situation, you will also need to call the electricity maintenance team along with your HVAC repair professionals so that your household doesn’t become a victim of electricity accidents.
- Off-color– You must have noticed the blue color of your pilot light. However, if it starts turning yellow, then it’s a signal that your device is emitting carbon monoxide- the “silent killer gas” in your house. Just by reading the name, you must have understood the emergency of the situation.
Thinking about whom to call in such urgent situations? Worry no more. We at Americool are here to solve all your HVAC problems. We are also available for all your furnace services in Suwanee. Just give us a quick call or schedule a quote.